Monday, July 18, 2011

donatello does machines (thats a fact, jack!)

DONAtello donaTELLO!... dona-TELLO! DONAtello donaTELLO!... dona-TELLO! DONAtello donaTELLO!... dona-TELLO! DONATELLO!

sing that like that "Amadeus" song.

so, heres a quick sketch/render i did of my favorite teenage mutant ninja turtle, donatello. it was done on the cintiq monitor in photoshop and took about...2.5 hours?

I used to draw a TON of Ninja Turtles when I was younger, and really getting into drawing. it was always the corny old cartoon style, but that and the simpsons were my classics. so, here i am as a grown man still drawing ninja turtles.

that was just in case you were here to read fascinating facts about my childhood

original line drawing...












and the colored version...













EDIT: cropped version w/signature


3 comments:

  1. fascinating. I think you captured the feeling I got the first time I saw the number 1 black and white when it first came out. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you sing me a few bars? haha
    You're the bomb. these are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete