Monday, August 8, 2011

MotU re-draws - Trapjaw

yo

so about 4.5 years ago, i drew these quick Masters of the Universe sketches as part of a MotU-themed art challenge amongst some friends at work. i always liked them, but knew they were rushed. then, the hard drive they were on broke and now i have them only as lo-res .jpg's.

anyway, with the magic of my cintiq, i decided to re-draw them. i want to capture the simple charm that i liked in the originals, so my plan is to pretty much directly imitate the poses and moods.

so here's my favorite from the originals...Trap Jaw...













and the 2011 re-draw...













there is something simple about the originals that i still like. quick and cartoony

so...im not completely set on the font or background treatment yet, and ill probably be adjusting those things as i go through the 3 characters. i actually wish i still had or could find the font i used on the originals, because i always thought it fit the theming pretty well. however, i i dug through dafont.com for a while and didnt come up with it.

my plan is to attack prince adam next, and save skeletor for last.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked the sweetness of his face and still do. I like the mechanical look to the new pic's arm though. His face looks like he's been ridden hard and hung up wet. I like the first pic's face best.

    ReplyDelete